Wilgus has started to compost!!!!!! The second floor is piloting a composting system for the rest of the semester. If this month goes well, it will be implemented through all of the building next year. The compost container is the 5 gallon bucket with the lid in the kitchen on the second floor. If you have any questions or comments about the compost please ask!!!! I would be more then willing to share my knowledge with you.
Read more to learn what can be composted in Wilgus.
* All fruits and vegetables including trim or prep waste
* Nuts and fruit or olive pits
* Cooked meats and uncooked trim
* Shellfish and shells
* Coffee grounds
* Dairy products (limited amounts of milk)
* Eggs and egg shells
* Bakery products
* Pasta and sauces
* Floral materials and landscaping trim
* Food waste as defined above
* Soiled paper napkins and paper plates
* Paper beverage cups
* Wooden or paper dinnerware
Once again, if you have any questions about composting, would like to learn more about it, or would like to help please come see me!